Pages

Monday, October 26, 2009

I met Death...he plays the harmonica.

Right after this last feature wrapped (yay!), I figured it was time to get some footage for a documentary I've been dying to make.

So, in 16 hours, I contacted my subjects, booked a hotel, figured out the logistics, oiled my car, tried (and failed) to get better equipment than I own, and high tail it to Salem, Massachusets. The week before Halloween.

(Insert not the sharpest tool in the chest joke here.)

It was a circus/zoo/amusement park all rolled into one small New England town! I think everyone should experience it at least once, and I do want to go back earlier in the season to absorb some culture without being so overwhelmed.

Some of the highlights:

Death sitting on the street with his hat out, playing the harmonica. Tunes included Those Were The Days, Austin Powers, and other tv hits.

Armies of little witches in blinking hats. I believe the oldest of them was around eight. No doubt in their heads, they actually were flying on their little brooms and hazing the crowd.

Boiled bagels. This may not seem like a big thing to you, but to me, and actual boiled bagel with lox and cream cheese is just this side of Nirvana.

Getting to meet some of the new magicians - these guys were great! Stupendous! Totally awesome! And I'm really psyched about the show, the documentary, and life in general.

Soooo tired - I'm going to sleep until I have to leave again.

No comments:

Post a Comment