Pages

Thursday, January 19, 2012

So I'm trying to blog every day

And this is the beginning of the attempt.  I've opened this page with absolutely no idea of what I'm going to write about, so it'll be a bit stream of consciousness (that's the highbrow phrase for 'I don't know what to say so I'm just going to babble a bunch of random shit and post it').

My big fear is that I'm not that interesting, and I don't have that much to talk about.  What could I possibly do or say every day to keep you guys entertained for five minutes?  Back when I used to babysit, it was much easier - I had kids who were into one thing, and could be entertained for weeks with the same video tape.

...this is going well...

Anyway, things on my mind right now.

I'm taking an illustration course at SVA this semester.  Its been about a decade since I was in school, so I was nervous about that.  Currently, not having a list of needed supplies, not knowing if I can afford them, is taking a back seat to the fact that the school hasn't scheduled a room for the class yet, so I have no idea where I'm going on Monday.

Yeah, the class starts in four days, and I don't know WHERE.  WTF.  I'd forgotten about that particular bit of college joy over the years.  I'm remembering it now.  Hoo boy, am I ever.  I'm the kind of person who wants all that information the week before.

The hot water in my building isn't currently working, so I can't have a shower.  This has not happened here before.  Not fun.  I am also not the sort of person who loves exhilarating plunges into crystalline mountain streams while some invisible dude yodels into brisk mountain air.  First, that shit is COLD.  Second, who the hell is that creepy yodeling dude?  I don't want him looking at me.  What if he's actually invisible, and not just over the next mountain range?  Invisible yodeling creepers are way scarier than the garden variety kid at the end of the block with binoculars.

This is why I shouldn't watch regular tv.  The commercials are way too scary.

I've had a headache for three days straight.  Which sucks.  And I try not to whine about it, but trying to get any proper fiction type writing done while there's a weevil behind your right ear trying to bore into your innocent, unprotected brain matter is nigh impossible.  Then I have guilt and anxiety about not getting anything done, plus a brain weevil.

Anyway.

What do you guys want me to write about?  I've written about writing, photography, film, life on set, and personal junk; cool stuff I find, and stuff that just annoys me.  What do you like to read about the most?  I'll try to do more of that.

4 comments:

  1. I have yet to have a moment of glamour, but I will totally share more stories about what its like to work in film and television.

    ReplyDelete
  2. quantum physics as it relates to set lighting.

    ReplyDelete