Pages

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Day One - Introduction

Welcome!

For those of you who don't know me - there are a few reasons I'm creating this blog.

1. Like many other people, I've found myself in a creative/career rut.  I know what I want to do, more or less, but have absolutely no idea how to get there.  One of the ways people figure out what they want, and how to get there, is to write a mission statement and keep daily logs.

So why not just keep a diary?

Two reasons: one, it's easier to stay focused and follow through on goals when you believe someone is watching(hi, reader!).
Second, I've recently run into some of my friends who are going through the same process that I am - and trying to figure out how to get where they want from where they are.  It made me wonder how many other people are in the same place, and might
benifit from being able to find the same information (or not making the same dumbass mistakes that I'm about to).

2. I do a lot of research online; I'm good at it.  Some of the things I find are useful, some just funny, some probably valuable to someone else.  There should be a place for the best of these links.


3. I like to help people acheive their goals.  In fact, I wish I could physically be there to help more people than I'm able to.  With this blog, some of that information could reach people I've never even met!


In my next blog, I'm going to make a list of my goals for the next year, and try to figure out how to achieve them.

No comments:

Post a Comment