Pages

Thursday, March 5, 2009

Debt Calculator

An addendum to today's post - I'm also in debt, about six thousand dollars.  Not huge, but it grates sometimes.

To add insult to injury, my credit card company keeps upping my credit limit, as well as my percentage - seemingly whenever it feels like it!

One of my goals this year is to be completely out of debt.

Last year, I was close - then I bought a laptop, and some rather expensive post production programs(oy, the alliteration!).  For a couple of gigs that never came through.  It would have probably been smarter to get a small bank loan for these items, which I will remember to do in the future.

The sneak of it is - I know I've paid more than the basic cost of the items at this point.  Now this pisses me off, but I've no one to blame but myself.  So no more credit card, barring extreme emergencies.

I found this online calculator to help figure out exactly what I need to be paying per month to dent the debt, which is a little depressing.  At my current rate, I spend about 200 a month to pay off 30 dollars - which is a complete crock!  I've got to fix this. (click on the title of this blog to get to the calculator.)

No comments:

Post a Comment