Pages

Thursday, February 9, 2012

The only funny story mentioning Auschwitz that I know

A friend of mine's grandmother is a survivor.  She's an amazing, tough little lady.

Who is not very fond of her son in law.  He complains, often, about anything you could imagine.

When he complains, she often compares the minor troubles of making a life in the US to the hardships she went through, indicating that he should probably man up and deal.

One day, he had the following outburst.

"Auschwitz, Auschwitz, Auschwitz!  I get it already!  Just because it's not as bad, doesn't mean our problems aren't real.  I'm sick of hearing about the damned camp!"

She drew herself up to her entire four foot nine frame, wagged a bony finger in his face and said: 'I survived Auschwitz.  I survived torture.  I survived starvation."

"But I ain't gonna survive YOU!"

Best argument ender EVER.

No comments:

Post a Comment