Hi guys, and happy new year!
First, I really have to thank all of you guys who follow and read this blog - it's great motivation to keep going on it.
Looking back over the year, I'm seeing one of my own issues as the 'scattershot' method - there are lots of things I want to accomplish, and I bounce around from one to the next without much rhyme or reason.
The real reason? I see something that inspires me, then 'woosh', I'm off and running in that direction until I see another butterfly. How on earth does one get around this problem when having so many interests?
I'm not sure. Maybe my short - term goals were too short term, and likewise with the long ones. So, I'm setting some new goals for myself this year, hopefully the clearer terms will make them more achievable.
1. In three months, I will have a freelance gig doing art with a gaming company. The two I'm interested in working with are WhiteWolf and Wyrd Games.
2. Now that the heat is not an issue in the house, the SO and I will take one day out of every weekend together and get out of the house to do something. That something will not consist only of driving to a local restaurant to eat.
3. By the end of this month, my Shoggoth manuscript will be 100 pages or more. It does not have to be perfect, or completely finished, just longer.
4. By the end of this week, I will have joined a gym. I will commit to going there twice a week whenever I am working from home.
5. I will bring my shiny new camera on all weekend outings with SO. I will NOT obsess about taking proper stock photos - rather, I will enjoy taking pictures. If some work as stock, great.
6. I will write at least one screenplay page every day, no matter where I am.
7. I will draw something every day, even if it's just doodling.
What are your goals for the year?