Pages

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Unexpected Inspiration, critters in my walls

We finally got the new roof on our house, and expelled the furry roommates.  A dozen or so raccoons had taken up residence in the attic and eaves; they would throw loud parties late at night, drag race, get into teenage brawls, and never paid any rent!

(I've had similar human roommates  that were just as pleasant.)

Each victory leads to another challenge.

This time, there's a squirrel in the wall trying to eat its way into our bedroom via the closet.  It scrapes, scrambles, chews, squeals, and fights off other would be tenants - from about four a.m. to 10 p. m.

So I can honestly say I have insomnia induced by something scratching in my walls.  I also have daily fear that the creature in the wall will burst through at any moment.

Harrowing, even when one knows what the creature is.  I have so much sympathy for horror novel characters that don't know.

No comments:

Post a Comment